JACKSON, Miss. (January 19, 2022) — The Mississippi Gaming & Hospitality Association (MGHA) will hold its Southern Gaming Summit (SGS) May 3-6, 2022, at MGM’s Beau Rivage Resort & Casino located in Biloxi, Mississippi.
One of the oldest of the gaming conferences and trade shows, SGS is owned by the MGHA, guaranteeing a conference of the industry, by the industry, about the industry. Founded in 1994, the regional conference and trade show addresses issues of importance to commercial and tribal gaming in the South and the Midwest, bringing decision-makers to coastal Mississippi.
Bill Miller, president and CEO of the American Gaming Association, will be the keynote speaker at the 2022 SGS.
“Bill Miller has unique knowledge about our gaming industry, and his presentation is sure to captivate attendees,” said Larry Gregory, MGHA executive director. “We look forward to hearing about his many experiences in the gaming industry.”
The event begins with a golf tournament at MGM’s Fallen Oak Golf Course on Tuesday, May 3, followed by a welcome reception on the event deck at the Beau Rivage pool area overlooking the beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast.
On Wednesday, May 4, SGS attendees will hear from Miller and will then have the opportunity to listen and participate in an extensive conference program consisting of six sessions. Sessions for registered attendees on May 4-5 include Regulatory Updates, iGaming and Sportsbetting, Being a Responsible Operator in 2022, Doing Business as a Third Party Vendor, and Tribal Sportsbetting: Questions, Rules and Models, along with the popular Operator & GM Roundtable Discussion. Sessions will be held in the convention area on the second floor of Beau Rivage.
New to SGS this year is A Taste of Coastal Mississippi sponsored by Coastal Mississippi, the Gulf Coast’s visitor and tourism bureau. This event is set for May 4.
On May 5, gaming industry leaders will be honored during an evening gala with five leaders inducted into the Mississippi Gaming Hall of Fame. This year’s inductees are:
• Industry Pioneer: Allan B. Solomon, principal and chairman, Foundation Gaming and Entertainment, and co-founder and former executive vice president and general counsel, Isle of Capri Casinos Inc. (2008)
• Industry Influencer: Virginia McDowell, non-executive director of Entain Plc., and retired chief executive officer, Isle of Capri Casinos Inc. (2016)
• Commercial Gaming: Craig H. Neilsen, visionary and philanthropist, founded Ameristar Casinos, Inc, and later established the Craig H. Neilsen Foundation, North America’s largest private funder for spinal cord injury research and programming
• Manufacturer: Kagemasa Kozuki, founder, chairman and representative director, KONAMI HOLDINGS CORPORATION
• Regulator: John Hairston, president and CEO, Hancock Whitney Corporation, and former member and chairman, Mississippi Gaming Commission (2005-2015)
Past recipients will also be recognized.
Registration and sponsorship information, along with more information, is now available online at www.sgsummit.org.