PECHANGA INDIAN RESERVATION, Calif. – (May 30, 2020) – Pechanga tribal leaders announced today they have set Monday, June 1 as the official date for the reopening of the Pechanga Resort Casino. The resort and casino will open incrementally and under limited conditions. The doors will open to the public at 12 p.m.
“As Riverside County and California move deeper into this economic recovery phase, we are pleased to cautiously reopen the Pechanga Resort Casino,” said Tribal Chairman Mark Macarro. “The safety of our guests, team members, and Tribe has always been our number one priority at Pechanga. That’s why the health and safety guidelines that will be implemented are even more stringent than surrounding jurisdictions.”
“We are excited to welcome Team Members and guests back to Pechanga,” said Jared Munoa, President of the Pechanga Development Corporation. “The casino and resort will look and operate differently than we did only a few months ago. All of these new procedures and restrictions are informed by regulatory guidance and industry best practices for the safety and well-being of our guests and team members.”
The Pechanga Resort Casino underwent deep cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting of every area of the resort and casino multiple times through the temporary closure. Among other things, this included the lobbies, restaurants and kitchens, slot machines, table games, entrances and exits, elevators and escalators, restrooms, door handles, handrails, ATMs, kiosks, counters and more.
The following are some of the main differences guests will see, as well as safety rules that must be adhered to at Pechanga when visiting during its initial opening phases:
- Smoking will not be allowed inside for the initial reopening phase.
- Guests will pass through a temperature screening kiosk at one of four available entrances.
- All guests will be required to wear face coverings.
- Occupancy will be limited to approximately 50% in the near-term.
- Only every other slot machine will be in use to allow for physical distancing.
- Reduced number of table games. Plexiglass safety shields at games in use.
- Approximately 50% of normal seating capacity at restaurants.
- Six-feet of physical distance between each guest required where line queuing is needed.
- No concerts or major events to be held in the near-term.
All shows that were scheduled for performance at Pechanga Resort Casino for June 2020 have been postponed. These concerts will be rescheduled with artists and their management for dates beyond 2020 as calendar and artist availability allows.
Pechanga’s hotel is currently accepting reservations for July 1 and beyond. Spa Pechanga, The Cove pool complex, Eagle’s Nest Nightclub, and the Pechanga Comedy Club remain closed until further notice.