MASHANTUCKET, CT – Foxwoods Resort Casino has announced that the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Council has authorized a limited reopening of the property and Foxwoods plans to resume 24/7 operations beginning June 1, 2020 at 9:00 a.m., following a phased reopening approach. As part of its ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe environment, Foxwoods has established new safety protocols and operating procedures in partnership with medical experts for phase one of the reopening plan. These comprehensive new measures are aimed at mitigating health risks for both guests and employees and will be reevaluated and updated continuously as necessary.
New protocols and resort updates included in phase one are as follows:
- All guests and team members entering the property will go through non-invasive thermal temperature checks at the entrances to the property; those with an elevated temperature will not be allowed entry
- Team members and guests will be required to wear face masks at all times. If a guest or team member arrives without a face mask one will be provided
- Waiting areas and lines will be marked to observe appropriate physical distancing standards
- Additional hand sanitizing stations and sanitizing wipes will be provided throughout the property, including in gaming areas to allow patrons to wipe down slot machines
- Personnel will be regularly deployed to clean and disinfect high-touch areas for both guests and team members throughout the property, including but not limited to elevators, slot machines, and counters
- Temporary Plexiglas separation will be placed at all transactional locations including but not limited to hotel check-in, cage, Rewards Booths, retail shops
- Table games will include plexiglass barriers, and betting spaces will be spaced to limit the number of players per table. The poker room and bingo will be closed until further notice.
- Initially, restaurant outlets will be limited to take out. The Rainmaker Buffet will be closed.
- All employees entering the property should undergo a daily COVID 10 checklist questionnaire as suggested by the CDC
- Signage will be added across property with reminders of Tribal and CDC guidelines such as wash hands frequently, use hand sanitizer, stay home if ill, and other guidelines.
- Entertainment and the nightclub will resume when it is determined safe to do so.
- No spa or gym facilities will be open until permitted by the CDC
Phase one of the reopening will extend to the Grand Pequot and Great Cedar casino floors, the Grand Pequot Hotel, Tanger Outlets, and select food and beverage venues. Grand Pequot Hotel will only open a limited number of hotel rooms, and will begin taking new reservations starting Monday, June 8, 2020. Additional parts of the property will reopen as authorized by the Tribal Council.
“The safety, health and wellbeing of our guests, team members and local communities has been – and will remain – our number one priority as we all ease back into a ‘new normal’ way of life,” said Jason Guyot, Foxwoods’ Interim CEO & SVP of Resort Operations. “Foxwoods is in a unique position, given the size of our physical space and our geographic location, to allow for social distancing within our resort. We’ve taken significant guidance from our Chief Medical Officer, external expertise, our Tribal regulators, and the CDC to develop a new set of health guidelines that help create an environment where our guests can experience moments of joy and celebration safely and responsibility. We have been working hard to develop the best possible plan for helping the state of Connecticut recover safely from the economic impact of this pandemic.”
In addition to the above protocols, all team members will receive training on infectious disease (with a heavy focus on COVID-19) safety and sanitation protocols to further ensure guest and team member safety. More comprehensive training will be provided for teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Environmental Services, Hotel Operations, Gaming, Retail, Entertainment and Security.
About Foxwoods Resort Casino
As the largest resort casino in North America, Foxwoods Resort Casino offers guests a premier destination resort experience throughout its six world-class casinos; AAA Four-Diamond hotels featuring over 2,200 rooms; dining options for all tastes; luxurious spas; award-winning golf; state-of-the-art theaters; Tanger Outlet Mall; conference space for groups of all sizes; and free online casino games at FoxwoodsONLINE.com. There is always something new at Foxwoods, most recently the arrival of Foxwoods Extreme Adventures. Adventure knows no limit as guests can zipline or race around on a European-style indoor karting track. Foxwoods Resort Casino truly is The Wonder Of It All, providing a personalized and exciting escape for everyone. Foxwoods, opened in 1992, is owned and operated by the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation. For a detailed look at Foxwoods Resort Casino and Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation visit Foxwoods.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.