MASHANTUCKET, CT – Foxwoods Resort Casino, the largest resort casino in North America, is pleased to announce that it has expanded its property footprint after initially reopening its doors on June 1, 2020. Following positive feedback and business levels, as well as compliance of the resort’s new safety protocols, the resort has moved to the next phase of its reopening plan with the reintroduction of The Fox Tower Casino, six in-restaurant dining outlets, Monza World-Class Karting, additional hotel capacity and a new drive-in movie experience. With this next phase, the resort has welcomed back close to 2,000 direct team members.
New additions to the resort’s phased reopening plan are already happening and will continue over the next few weeks. Here’s an overview:
- The Fox Tower Casino is now open Friday-Sunday from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m. for slots and electronic table games. This ensures sufficient room for guests and team members to maintain appropriate social distancing while on the gaming floor. Additionally, table games are available in Great Cedar Casino on Saturday – Sunday from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Tanger Outlets at Foxwoods has over 30 stores open – including American Eagle, Banana Republic, Coach, Nike, Old Navy and more – with additional stores slated to open over the next few weeks.
- Friday, June 12-Sunday, June 14 | This weekend, additional Grab & Go options will be available from 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.; Guy Fieri’s Foxwoods Kitchen + Bar begins today and Scorpion Baron Saturday.
- Monday, June 15 | Grand Pequot Tower hotel availability will be increased to meet increased demand.
- Tuesday, June 16 | Monza World-Class Karting will reopen to the public from 12:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. with new safety protocols in place. The full list of protocols are available online but include: mandatory face masks, head socks and temperature checks for all guests; the use of Monza’s UV helmet sanitizer to disinfect helmets after each use; the disinfecting of all touch points on the karts after every use; limited group size with a maximum of five guests; social distancing markers in all waiting and queue areas; and guidelines in the room for new-customer briefings.
- Wednesday, June 17 | Select restaurants will open at 50% capacity for in-restaurant dining with strict guidelines in place for physical distancing and disinfecting. These restaurants include David Burke Prime, Guy Fieri’s Foxwoods Kitchen + Bar, Scorpion Bar, Sugar Factory and Veranda Cafe.
- Thursday, June 18 | California Pizza Kitchen reopens for in-restaurant dining.
- Thursday, July 2 | Foxwoods will offer A Night Out at the Drive-In on the flat lot at the intersection of Route 2 and Foxwoods Blvd. Movies will be shown every Thursday-Sunday throughout July and August, and every Friday-Sunday in September and October. Price is $35 per car, and refreshments will be available for purchase.
As part of the resort’s ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe environment, Foxwoods implementednew safety protocols and operating procedures in partnership with medical experts for phase one of the reopening plan. These comprehensive new measures are aimed at mitigating health risks for both guests and employees. All protocols will continue to be reevaluated and updated as necessary.
“Since welcoming everyone back to the resort, we could not be more pleased with business levels as well as guest and team member adherence to our new safety protocols,” said Jason Guyot, Foxwoods’ Interim CEO & SVP of Resort Operations. “As we look to the future, we’re excited to continue to build on this momentum to both allow us to bring back additional employees and offer our guests more of the experiences they’ve come to know and love at The Wonder of it All.”
Due to the implementation of Foxwoods’ new safety protocols and procedures, and to ensure guest and employee safety, since reopening the resort has utilized nearly 800 industrial sized containers of hand sanitizer to encourage hand washing and has distributed over 5,000 masks.
About Foxwoods Resort Casino
As the largest resort casino in North America, Foxwoods Resort Casino offers guests a premier destination resort experience throughout its six world-class casinos; AAA Four-Diamond hotels featuring over 2,200 rooms; dining options for all tastes; luxurious spas; award-winning golf; state-of-the-art theaters; Tanger Outlet Mall; conference space for groups of all sizes; and free online casino games atFoxwoodsONLINE.com. There is always something new at Foxwoods, most recently the arrival of Foxwoods Extreme Adventures. Adventure knows no limit as guests can zipline or race around on a European-style indoor karting track. Foxwoods Resort Casino truly is The Wonder Of It All, providing a personalized and exciting escape for everyone. Foxwoods, opened in 1992, is owned and operated by the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation. For a detailed look at Foxwoods Resort Casino and Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation visit Foxwoods.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter andInstagram.